Friday, January 29, 2010

The Many Adventures of 3 Crazy Taurens

So, my kiddo is starting to dabble a bit in the complex world of WoW. I'm starting to learn just how complex that world is through the eyes of a 9 year old.

We ended up handing over Eto's RaF account so he could play around in the game. Now that seems simple enough but we're talking about a kid that has no gaming experience beyond Mario and Link.

So he dabbles around a bit, rolls a warlock which he has a very hard time keeping alive, let alone understanding. Then he decides he wants to play with Eto and I. So the adventure begins. I roll a Tauren Druid because he has picked a Tauren Druid after we explain to him that he can shape-shift into bears and cats and such.

No big deal, there isn't many classes I haven't played and the idea of a boom-chicken sounds like something I'd like to try.

Eto rolls a warrior. There is no class he hasn't played. And of those the warrior class is his least favorite to level. Why, you may ask, then is he rolling another warrior. Something about Prot PvP? Anyway, he begins grinding out his starting levels (he rolled an Orc but deleted him to reroll a Tauren becuase Orc's are too short?!?) and then runs to meet us in Mulgore.

Zack and I have flown through our starting levels because our accounts are linked via RaF. We soon come to realize this is going to be an issue because Eto, even with BoA gear, levels much slower then we do.

Anyway, we pick up the quests and head off to kill some cougars and plainstriders and other such nasties. Things go pretty well, as we attempt to keep Zack on track. Teaching him to use the map and understand the quest. He tends to get lost pretty easily. After we spend 10 minutes trying to explain to him how to equip a bag and sell his trash items we're moving on to the next quest. It's time to go kill some gnolls for a guy in Bloodhoof Village.

Off we go, three new adventurers prepared to take on the world one gnoll at a time...

We pull, we attack, there are a spells and sword flying! I notice the health of both Eto and Zack beginning to drop so being the wonderful little druid cow that I am, I begin tossing out some heals.

"Woah, Mom! why am I green and glowy!?!" I hear this cry from across the room and giggle to myself as I explain to Zack that we, as druids, have the ability to heal people with our magic.

We manage those pulls and I drink something to fill up my mana while Eto runs off and grabs another mob. Little did he know that by doing so he's pulled the heart of the camp, every gnoll previously gathered around the fire begins beating on him as I frantically start healing him.

"Oh crap. MOOOOM! Matt's gonna die, Matt's gonna die, throw the green stuff on him. Don't die Matt I'm gonna help you!!!!!" and off the little druid runs to "help" save the warrior while in the process aggroing more mobs along the way.

"See the skull Zack, kill the one with the skull" Eto has thrown a raid marker on his target and Zack fumbles to try to target it as I'm now having to cast heals on both him and Eto. I get heal aggro from the mobs previously beating on Zack and my little tiny mana pool is depleted.

*SPLAT* goes the first druid.

"Mom, more green stuff on Matt, hurry, hurry!*

*SPLAT* goes the little warrior.

"Ohh, I'm gonna kill you gnolls for that" Zack begins beating on the gnolls with his level 1 staff but somehow manages to figure out which one is the healing spell and cast it on himself.

"NOOOOOOO Zack! Don't beat on them RUNNN!" Eto and I are both calling to him in unison.

"OK, OK...ohhh, Mom there are wolves where do I go, where do I go?" Zack makes a run with a trail of gnolls in hot pursuit and soon a wolf or two as well.

Somehow Zack manages to get out of aggro range and to heal himself. So Eto and I release and run back to our bodies. We are in a safe place to rez, though there is a lot of gnolls just outside our aggro range. We rez and sit to eat and drink.

Before we manage to finish, in comes a charging cow..."shew, that was kinda scary, Matt don't do that again!" We both giggle a little. "NOW, I'm gonna kill that skull"

Off the little druid charges, as we run after him picking off the mobs he is aggroing along the way...giggling the entire time.... "Noooo! Zack, come back!"

Day one down...and I had to pull him away to get him off to bed...think we have a future wow player on our hands.

*Sigh* Lesson of the day? EXPLAIN AGGRO RADIUS!

Happy Friday everyone!!!!!!!! <3

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds priceless! Almost wish I could join you all .. :)

I hope my youngling someday decides to try to play WoW with me.. :)

Morph

Post a Comment

 

Confessions of a Girl Gamer © 2008 . Design By: SkinCorner