Monday, October 12, 2009

Dumb Ass of the Week

another dumb ass story:

So I've been wanting the pants that drop off the last boss in H-VH for awhile. Have ran it several times and those pants had not dropped. Last night, we decided to give it another go.. this is how it went:

Me: LF1M dps for H-VH
Dumbass-Paladin: I'll dps
-Dumbass Paladin joins the group-
Dumass-Paladin: You want me to tank it?
Me: No, I'll tank it, I'm not spec'd for DPS
Dumbass-Paladin whispers: I just hope you're ready for my insane aggro, I have 5000 ap
*sigh*

We continue on with the instance, everything is going smooth. First boss, the water elemental guy, goes like this:

Me: Make sure you guys hit the switches please
First Helpful Hunter: I'll get the second one.
2nd Helpful Hunter: I'll get the third
Dumbass-Paladin: Don't pull the switches, it's fun.
Me: We're pulling the switch, please take the first one

Of course he does not pull the switch. No big deal, he's unsuccessfully too busy trying to pull aggro off of me. It's just extra needless healing for Eto to have to worry about without the switches but anyway, we survived it.

Second boss, the Consortium looking guy, that normally gets kited around the top goes something like this:

Me: Going to kite the guy around the top, let me grab him before you dps.

Everyone runs up the stairs, Eto drops totems and we're ready to rock..except...dumbass-Paladin drops consecration under the boss and proceeds to attempt to tank him. I manage to taunt aggro back off guy eventually and we down the boss...

Dumbass-Paladin whispers: Sorry, I just wanted to burn that guy, not kite him

So, again I sigh and shake me head and we continue on with the trash pulls. The next set of conversations really irked me.

Dumbass-Paladin whispers Eto: Nice heals ass
Eto: What, are you complaining we haven't died yet?
Dumbass-Paladin: you have to heal me cause I'm pulling threat
Eto: Oh you mean the non-existent aggro you're pulling? Watching Kaly's threat meters you're not pulling aggro off her

We finally finish the run, with the ret pally complaining that he doesn't understand why his dps was so low in the run, that he has 5000 AP, he should be pulling way more dps and then begins to lecture the hunters on what they needed to be doing.

*Adds Dumbass-Paladin to the ignore list*

I had to laugh a little at him. Though he was annoying and nothing but a pure ass...I felt a little sorry for him. He honesty thought he was the ubber elite Paladin and in the end..never broke 2.5K dps on my meter.

*sigh* Stroke your own ego...people can be so full of themselves sometimes.

1 comments:

Kara said...

I have never understood dps who try to pull off the tank and get happy when they succeed... I mean seriously, if you pull off the tank, you're either killing yourself, taxing the healer, and risking the entire group just because you think you look cool.

Post a Comment

 

Confessions of a Girl Gamer © 2008 . Design By: SkinCorner